- Capacity building
- Advocacy and policy dialogues
- Building sustainable knowledge and action networks
through information and communication technologies (ICT);
media, subregional workshops, etc.
- Promoting social protection schemes
- Strengthening social enterprises and facilitating marketing
through fair trade practices.
- HOMENET SEA EXECOM IN BANGKOK PLANS FOR ASEAN ADVOCACY, HOMENET INTERNATIONAL
- HomeNet Southeast Asia Executive Committee Meets to Develop Strategies
- HOMENET SEA PUSHES FOR HEALTH CARE FOR INFORMAL WORKERS IN ASEAN PEOPLE’S FORUM
- HNSEA CONDUCTS SOCIAL PROTECTION WORKSHOP
- HNSEA to Pilot-Test Social Protection Advocacy Tool kit
- HNSEA’s WORK IN THE COMING MONTHS
HOMENET SEA EXECOM IN BANGKOK PLANS FOR ASEAN ADVOCACY, HOMENET INTERNATIONAL
Members of the Homenet SEA Executive committee from Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines and Thailand met 9 September at the East Inn Makkasan Hotel in Bangkok to discuss the following
organizing of home-based and other informal workers in their country. In addition, Rakawin Lee and Rosalinda Pineda Ofreneo, former Regional Coordinators of Homenet Southeast Asia, attended the meeting to help guide the discussion on the formation and proposed constitution of Homenet International.
Much of the discussion focused on the proposed principles, objectives, and structure of Homenet International, particularly the agenda:
1)Preparation of the Activities in ACSC/APF 2019 and panel discussion at SEAJunction ; 2) UHC Advocacy in ASEAN and Alliance Building ; 3) Comments on the proposed constitution of HomeNet International; and 4) Next steps of HNSEA under SIDA NET Support to ensure sustainability of the organization.
Leaders of the Migrant Action Network of Vietnam (MNET) were also at the meeting to explore how their organization can facilitate composition and powers of Congress, the Executive Committee, the national homenets and the Secretariat. Regional Homenet formations such as Homenet Southeast Asia will have a seat in the Executive Committee, based on the proposal.
Affiliates from national homenets can send one to three delegates (depending on their membership size) to the founding Congress of Homenet International tentatively scheduled in February 2020.
The next Executive Committee meeting will be held in November, in preparation for the founding congress of Homenet International as well as the General Assembly of Homenet SEA with elections in March 2020.